Saturday, April 18, 2009

On to the next stage!

I completed training on Friday, passed all my different assessments, so I will be sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer on Friday. We take an oath of office, have a little ceremony that community partners, host families, peace corps staff, and current volunteers will be at.

I'm also moving into my new place on tomorrow, well sort of tomorrow. I had to go get the electricity switched on, and I"m not sure whether or not there will be power in my place yet, so my host family said that I could still sleep at there place tomorrow night if I need to. I'll definitely move my stuff in tomorrow, and start to set up. I only have a week to completely move in, which seems like a lot of time, but I have to buy a ton of stuff and get it from the capital on a bus and for some stuff 2 buses, so its not one quick trip to pick up everything I need. My place is a two bedroom, but with only one bed. I figure I'll use the extra room as a work out/art room, and if someone comes to visit an air mattress may be acquired and put in that room.

Last night I made a broom with my host dad for my new place. Its pretty cool and the Tawnya leaves, kinda like a palm tree, for the broom come from his garden in the hills. After that I went with my host family to a neighbors house to play games, and it ended up turning into a dance party. The whole evening was a great and really started to make me feel like part of the community.

Since I'm moving into a new place, I will be without Internet for a while there. It could be as short as a week, or much much longer. I will still be checking my email at the peace corps office, but I won't be able to be as connected to everyone as I have been. Miss everyone, and hope life is bringing joy to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment