Monday, May 11, 2009

Honey Harvesting and more!





The pictures are of my place, Briana you can stop harassing me now, and of the brooms I made to sweep my apartment.

Yesterday I harvested honey, it was pretty sweet. Its kind of scary at first cause all these bees are flying all around you, and your instincts tell you to swat at them, which would be a bad idea I think. I had the full protective gear on and even got to extract the honey from the combs. Of course that is followed by getting delicious fresh honey straight from the hive, sooo good. Later in the afternoon, I helped move parts for a greenhouse to a friends farm. Not your typical mothers day, but a good day regardless.






Last weekend I went to the fish fiesta, basically a big party on the beach, sadly the music choice does not consist of Britney Spears which is hard to handle, a party without britney just isn't a party. I went with a bunch of peace corps friends, and then the next morning we went on a 5k walk, always a good idea to walk at 8 am after being out till after 2. Needless to say we came in basically last place, but at the end there was this beautiful waterfall. It had rained a lot so the it was overflowing with water, so we couldn't get really close to it.
Work is going well, basically at the secondary school I'm going to do life skills and character building groups, and also organize extra curricular activities...along with anything else that comes up. Since I'm around the girls seem to be getting more involved with sports, before there were no female teachers that were involved in any sports. Everyone seems to slowly open up to me, and I am even beginning to learn how to play the keyboard through my help/interaction with the music class.
I'm still playing football and basketball after school, but that might slow down cause I am starting a study group for the exam the 6th graders have to take to get into secondary school, which is in a month. I'm off to pay bills, get groceries, and plan for a meeting, hope life is going well...miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment